Avant-garde extreme vocal artist Rainer Landfermann announces exquisite 12″ vinyl gatefold with two new songs
Innovative, intense, utterly dark, straight from the heart and soul and 100% independent: that’s the essence of RAINER LANDFERMANN.
Or, to quote Zero Tolerance Magazine: “as far from the norm as one could possibly imagine – an explosion of unclassifiable, experimental creativity where that voice rises out of the depths to give us nightmares once more”.
Landfermann, whose signature vocals iconically shaped BETHLEHEM’s cult classic “Dictius Te Necare” in 1996, and whose extraordinary bass playing in his band PAVOR graced two albums of highly acclaimed and furiously virtuoso death metal in 1994 and 2003, released his first solo album “Mein Wort in Deiner Dunkelheit” (“my word in your darkness”) in 2019.
The German artist’s upcoming vinyl release “Mehr Licht” (“more light”) features two new songs with highly diverse songwriting and instrumentation – always extreme, somber, intriguingly grim and bizarre, yet somehow oddly catchy. Among the highlights are, once again, Landfermann’s mind-bending larger-than-life vocals.
“In many ways, ‘Mehr Licht’ is a natural continuation of the first album”, Landfermann states, “but it seems to have a lower center of gravity in its manifestation, and feels more grounded, vibrant, and powerful.”
All music and lyrics on the release were composed, performed and produced by Rainer Landfermann.
The songs are complemented by gorgeous artwork created with Russian ballet photographer Daria Chenikova and German designer Thomas Oswald.
“Mehr Licht” will be released on June 23 both as download and a luxurious limited edition on white 12″ vinyl, packaged in an elaborately designed, exquisite gatefold with full-size six-page folder booklet – available for order at https://rainerlandfermann.bandcamp.com.
01 – Mehr Licht
02 – Originalstimme
- Landfermann was ranked among the “Top 30 Greatest Extreme Vocalists of All Time” (Decibel Magazine), “The 6 Craziest Metal Vocalists” (Popdust), and has been part of many similar lists.
- His vocals have been characterized as “so uninhibited by convention that it is frighteningly jarring” (Music News) and “one of the sickest and most extreme voices you’ll ever hear from a human being” (doom-metal.com).
- The first PAVOR album “A Pale Debilitating Autumn” (1994) has recently been featured in articles on Decibel Magazine (“Reborn in Blasphemy: Revisiting Pavor’s ‘A Pale Debilitating Autumn’ Album Nearly 30 Years Later”) and Worship Metal (“6 Of The Most Mind-Blowing Old-School Technical Death Metal Albums Ever Recorded”).
- For the ANAAL NATHRAKH album “Passion” (2011), Landfermann performed vocals on the track “Tod Huetet Uebel”.
- With former band BETHLEHEM, Landfermann contributed two songs to the motion picture soundtrack of the New Line Cinema movie “Gummo” (1997).
Press quotes for first solo album “Mein Wort in Deiner Dunkelheit”:
- “EASILY one of the best metal albums of the year. Totally bizarre and totally brilliant.” Black Metal & Brews
- “Mein Wort in Deiner Dunkelheit is all the crazy and creativity we Landfermann-lifers really wanted.” Invisible Oranges
- “One of the most memorable albums this year.” The Independent Voice
- “Absolutely essential. 9.5/10” Broken Tomb Magazine
- “Mein Wort in Deiner Dunkelheit is a masterpiece.” Thorium Mag
- “To state the obvious, Rainer Landfermann’s vocal presence is that of a raving madman. This unique voice, always pushed to its extreme through howling, shrieking, bellowing, growling, and more, truly pushes ‘Mein Wort in Deiner Dunkelheit’ over the top in the most memorable of ways.” Decibel Magazine
- “Overflowing creativity, overwhelming emotion and impeccable execution: that’s what we find in the works of one of the most brilliant and unknown minds in extreme metal.” Subterráneo Webzine
- “Completely original… 8,5/10” Götz Kühnemund, Deaf Forever
- “Extreme metal taken to the ultimate extremity.” Randall Radic, Tattoo.com
For more information: