What was the beginning point for your music career? How did it all start?
– It’s a fairly uneventful story. I was always motivated by dark themes and soundscapes, and had certain ideas that needed pursuing. Ended up creating a solo project and expended a lot of time before creating something worthwhile.
Was there any bumps on the road? What kind of challenges did you have to deal with?
– Everyone has their challenges and struggles. I got side-tracked on numerous occasions for a host of reasons and put time and effort into works that probably should’ve been abandoned; this would even include the release of an earlier album that I was never genuinely satisfied with as a concept, yet I promoted diligently.
What was the most fulfilling and satisfying moment so far?
– Having released the latest LP, Ascension, which I consider to be a kind of atonement for past follies. I am also honoured to have Narcoleptica Productions do a physical CD release for the album.
How would you describe the music that you typically create?
– It’s a solo project under my own name, and generally Black Metal in terms of its atmospheric, themes and aesthetics, alongside some notable Doom Metal and Death Metal elements. I generally just see it as dark and heavy music.
What is your creative process like?
– Often battling my way through ideas as well as personal experiences and demons of the mind.
If you could change anything about the industry, what would it be?
– This is one of those questions where I lack any genuine thoughts or even foresight. This industry is a contentious beast in its own right and swiftly adapts and changes with the times; not something one can get ahead of, let alone imagine conquering.
If you were asked to give a piece of advice to upcoming bands, what would that be?
– Avoid petty distractions; yield inspiration and remain focused. Allow a genuine vision to be realised and with only the expectation of personal satisfaction as everything else is irrelevant.
What has been the best performance of your career so far?
– If by that, you mean live performance, then I haven’t had the chance with this project as I haven’t considered live performances with this work. I do find the latest release to be satisfying.
If you didn’t become a musician, what would you be doing now?
– While I do have other interests and endeavours, it’s beyond my scope of thinking to imagine a reality where this type of music didn’t exist for my experience and motivation, or even as an essential creative outlet.
What is new with the band at the moment? What are you currently working on and would like to share with the world?
– As of right now, I’m looking to promote Ascension, while also setting things up for its physical release via Narcoleptica Productions. If your readers are into atmospheric and dark music, there is something here on offer.
Kade Storm – Band Camp: https://kadestorm.bandcamp.com/
Kade Storm – Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kadestormmusic
Narcoleptica Productions – Band Camp: https://narcolepticaprod.bandcamp.com/album/ascension