‘Chapter I: Dreams, Hopes And Other Obvious Lies’ is the newest album from Paraside, the Hungarian / American melodic symphonic rock band.
“I wrote the backing track and Matt came up with the lyrics and the vocal melodies. We all recorded our own tracks in our own home studios and sent them over the Sweden to Stefan Helleblad of Within Temptation to mix and produce them. Once it was done it was sent to Netherland to Masterenzo Mastering for the final master”. – says Victor Racz.
“The cover was made by me using AI technology (this is my other hobby). I wanted to create an art that shows the innocent yet lonely girl who is still looking at ballons, but the balloons are ghosts in a destroyed city, representing our own souls and feelings” – says Victor Racz.
“While we all have a kind of weird, sick humour, we still want to write meaningful lyrics that hopefully one day will help someone with it’s struggles in life. We mix it with our usual catchy hooks and songs” – says Victor Racz.
Composted by Matt, Vic, Pete and Danny, Paraside brings the love for modern rock, with passion for rock, EDM and musical comedy along with a progressive rock counterpart. Paraside is a complex, yet still melodic sound, combining catchy melodies with bass guitars and symphonic and dance/trance elements.
Chapter I: Dreams, Hopes And Other Obvious Lies https://open.spotify.com/album/6lNxu8m6sQxN68lV9feBBI
In this new interview, we talk with the band about their new release, inspiration, music influences and future plans. Check it out bellow:
1. What can you say about this new EP/CD? This is our first EP, consisting 3 songs, one radio edition and the instrumental versions of the songs. We tried to talk about our feelings, our fears of the world around us. We teamed up with Stefan Helleblad of Within Temptation to help us to shape our sounds by producing and mixing the songs.
2. What is the meaning of the EP/CD name? It’s about the hopelessness we feel in these days. The world is rapidly changing with viruses and wars that we never thought will happen just 3 years ago.
3. Which one is the composer of the CD/EP? We all work on the songs, but the music is mainly written by Vic and the lyrics by Matt.
4. If you had to pick one song, which one would you pick? Vultures of my life
5. Is there a special message in this EP/CD?If there is what it is? We feel like innocent kids wondering around and realize where things are going to, but we still believe there are hope.
6. Are there some lyrics that you’d love to share?
7. Which inspirations have been important for this album ? Like musically or friends, family, someone you’d love to thank specially? We had some 80s influences for sure, we are the children of the 80s Vultures is about the people who betrayed us including friends and unfortunately family as well. We all have solid partners who help us through rough patches of our lives and for sure we would like to thank them.
8. Something to add? We always believed musicians play music because they can’t put their thoughts into words. It’s definitely true in our case. We use music to communicate our thoughts, fears and love.